Friday, July 28, 2017

Day16

  The most exciting day so far!
  In the morning, I wrote more code about my algorithm and read some paper about machine learning. After lunch, I went to the group meeting and "drove" a car on a simulator. It was the best game I've ever played in my life: real car, "real" traffic, real sound.
  After that, Dr. Pelz shared with me his way of removing hot pixels. Although it's more convenient and easy to code, his program met the same problem as mine -- they are not able to effectively remove the hot pixels on the solar panels. Nevertheless, Dr. Pelz gave me some really valuable suggestions and they can improve the algorithm very much.
  The observatory at night was overall satisfying. Although we were not able to actually observe any stars because of the cloudy sky, we had a wonderful meal and we learned a lot about both the history of the observatory and how an eclipse happens.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 29

  In the morning, we had our practice presentation. Out of my expectation, my timing was actually pretty well.   Right after I presented in...